The vineyard is beautifully located on the hillside of Beyssac, right bank of the Garonne, facing south and overlooking the city of Marmande (Lot-et-Garonne, Aquitaine, South-West, France).
It represents a total area of 10.40 hectares in one piece, in AOC Cotes du Marmandais, fully grown using organic farming methods.
The Bordeaux varietals (merlot, cabernet franc) are particularly well adapted to these clay-limestone hillsides, in moderated ocean climate with optimal sunshine. They are complemented by the variety Abouriou, typical of Marmande, and Malbec, originated from South West.
All plots are grown using organic farming methods (certified by Agrocert, FR-BIO-07). To ensure quality, we limit the yields under 45 hl / ha. The grapes harvest is hand-made, and the grapes are transported with the greatest attention in small crates to winery (less than 1 km away).
- Suckering, disbudding, undoubling, and leaf-thinning are performed manually. Mechanical cropping.
- Ranks weeded mechanically (rotary blade and intervine tools), grassed inter-rows.
- Mildew and oidium treatment by spray, face by face, minimum doses (2011 : Cu < 2.7 kg/ha).
- Combined tools to minimize number of tractor passage
- Light tractor to avoid soil compaction (< 1,4 ton), with anti-pollution Tier-III standard engine.
- Maintenance of many hedges